Monthly Tuition Fees:
The Monthly fees for piano lessons are as follows:
45-minute lessons = $200 per month
60- minute lessons = $250 per month
Lessons vary from 4-5 lessons per month, depending of the number of weeks in each month.
Payment is expected upon the first lesson of each month.
No refunds are offered for missed lessons.
Arlington Piano Academy does offer one make up lesson per semester. Make up lessons can be individual or a group class, depending on the teacher’s availability. Please plan to be on time for your regularly scheduled lessons.
Late payments will be subject to a penalty of $30.00 and will be added to the total for the month.
Monthly tuition covers:
- Teacher experience
- Teacher formal education
- Teacher connections with other professionals in the industry
- Time spent with student in lessons
- Time spent planning for student lessons
- Trips to music store
- Teacher accomplishments
- Planning recitals
- Time spent at recitals
- E-mail/administrative time
- Professional development
- Teacher salary
- Office Supplies
- Tuning/maintenance of the instruments
- Time spent in studio/performance classes
- Time spent preparing students for festivals, competitions and exams
LESSON ATTENDANCE POLICY
1. Students are expected and encouraged to attend each lesson. For the student to progress, it is crucial that they have their lessons each week.
2. Scheduling will be done during the initial communication between the parent and teacher.
3. Please schedule your other activities and engagements around the piano lessons, as we have a busy schedule, and wish to keep all students scheduled as closely together as possible.
4. Keep in mind, if you are considering asking us for a different time from the original scheduled lesson, we will provide you with the available options.
5. If a lesson time conflict arises, we will consider on a case-by-case basis.
6. Parents are encouraged to observe the lessons, record videos, and take notes. This will help as a reference for appropriate practice at home.
7. Refunds are not given for missed lessons.
8. If you wish to terminate lessons for any reason, please let us know one month in advance before your termination date, so we can conclude lessons with the student. Refunds will not be given for the remaining lessons if you cannot take them.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR LESSONS
1. We encourage the parents to observe the lessons.
2. Parents are welcome to ask questions at the end of the lessons.
3. It is important that parents remain silent during the lesson time so that teaching is not disrupted. Parents are welcome to take notes.
4. Students are expected to be on time to each lesson.
5. If the parent needs to speak with the teacher, phone calls, e-mail, or scheduled meetings are available.
6. If the student is ill, we would not be able to resume lessons until the student is healthy.
7. The student is welcome to have water, but no food or other drinks are allowed in the studio.
8. Have fun learning how to play a musical instrument!
Schedule your visit.
Mon – Fri: 10am – 8pm
Sat: 9am – 4pm
Some dates are subject to change
First Lesson Date: August 3
Last Lesson Date: December 19
Labor Day No Lessons: September 7
Performance Class: September
Fall Solo/Duet Festival: October 10
AMTA Open Recital: October
UTA Piano Solo Contest: November
Thanksgiving Break No Lessons: November 23-28
Performance Class: November
Counts/Tinker Cyclical Contest featuring Romantic repertoire: November 28
Composition Festival Deadline: December
Performance Contest: December
Fall Recital: December 13
First lesson date: January 4
Last Lesson date: May 29
Performance Class: February
AMTA Open Recital: March
Spring Break: No lessons March 15-20
Sonatina/Sonata Festival: April 3
Spring Solo/Duet Festival: April 24
Performance Class: April
Savko Jazz/Pop Contest: May 15
Spring Recital: May 23
First Lesson Date: June 1
Performance Class: July
Last Lesson Date: July 29